My name is Gabriel RABHI. I live in France, in the city of Lyon. I am an atypical developer. Creator of a video game at 18 (Mindscape Bordeaux, Pearson group at the time), passionate about R & D, I am a self-taught programmer (Pascal, C, C ++, C #) and software architecture. Creative, I am also 2D and 3D graphic designer (bitmap, vector and modeling, rendering, animation under Maya and ex-Alias), multimedia (sound, video, motion graphics) and incidentally, composer (conservatory, home studio).
The variety of my professional experiences has given me some understanding of what a business is. I collaborated with several entrepreneurs. I can apprehend complex projects, requiring a strategic vision, technological innovations and long-term work. I practice SCRUM and I am attentive to the practices of the industry (DDD, TDD).
Coming out of my comfort zone, taking up challenges and deploying bold approaches is a real driving force for me – it’s not without risk. For the past five years, one of my main research topics has been a high-performance distributed (server-to-server) repository for .Net, in the “Big Memory” spirit. In the past, I have developed several engines (distributed database, graphical interface, 3D engine), and since 2014 a social network engine: Stack Web HTML5-JS-CSS, Web server, SGDB NoSQL and Graph, textual indexing etc.
Other topics: Vertical scallability of .Net applications, code readability (persistence abstraction), management of terabytes of objects in RAM without Garbage Collector pause, interlocking “lock-free” communication, web site generation by script, front-end protocol, OTP encryption, “lucene-like” indexer, UI engine, RAD, Frameworks, etc.
- .NET developer, C # language. WinForm Technologies, WPF, Web. Experience with C, C ++ and Pascal. Managed and unmanaged languages.
- Software Architect: development of Frameworks, low level, optimization. Notions of TDD and DDD (Domain Driven Development).
- Graphic Designer: Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffect, Illustrator), Maya (3D, animation), AutoStudio (industrial design), MentalRay (rendering).
- Composer : MAO with Digital Performer, sound design.
Know how, knowledge
- Design of HMIs, graphics systems (GUI engine) and design systems.
- Distributed P2P or client-server systems: pull / push mode, serialization, network and memory optimization, cache strategy, database management system.
- General knowledge in computer science: development process and object oriented programming, design patterns, structure of operating systems, hardware, processors, compilation.
- Concepts and architecture of database engines : had developed parts of database engines.
- AGILE project management in SCRUM, continuous process improvement: theory, practice.
- Corporate governance and human resources concepts – has contributed to several entrepreneurial adventures.
I realized a large number of projects and personal researches. The majority are projects for clients. There is a lot of software that I developed for which I do not have screenshots. Here are a few. All this projects were done alone, without the help of others developpers.
What’s next ?
In early 2019, I work on two projects:
- An innovative software technology for managing data in RAM for the .Net platform. It is an add-in or substitutes for classic DBMS such as MySQL, Ms SQL Server, MongoDB or Oracle. It is an embedded DBMS (without a network connection) adapted to Backend applications. The tools and web platform offer associated services with high added value: tools for debugging, deployment, supervision and visual analytics. It’s a synthesis of all the research I’ve done in the field of data management. It permit to manage terabyte scale plain object collections without any problems.
- The first digital tool of organizational transformation. It allows to gradually change the organization of companies to make them more efficient, flexible and agile, and increase the commitment of their employees. It is an innovative solution intended to be used daily by millions of people, mainly in companies.
Stay tuned !